Tuesday 2 November 2010

Flash Experimentation

For my main part in the group exhibition, I will be making an animation. I plan to use photos from, my collections and from friends and redraw them with a message behind them. From being on a mission trip to Romania, I have a few life changing experiences from mission trips and helping kids in need. I spent 10 days helping out with orphans in summer camp, helping them have a great week and at the same time, helping teach them about God. I noticed from my experience how much the smallest gesture means to them. From kids having nothing, and someone giving up their time, to come play with them, talk to them, listen to them. It is a very powerful experiance, it makes you pause for a moment, and apreciate everything you have been given in your life.
I therefore want to make an animation, provoking thoughts with facts, opinions, questions and imagery, relating to poverty and others that need our help.
This is my idea, put onto flash to see how it would look.
I used hand drawn lettering, to make it look like it was being written down by a child, drawn onto a notepad, and then drew a portrait of a child I met in Romania. I like the effect of the image allot, that it is being drawn while the view watches the animation and tries to figure out what the image is of while it is being drawn. I am quite proud of the outcome. I feel it gets the point that I am trying to express across, and works well. I plan to develop this idea further.

No comments:

Post a Comment