Tuesday 2 November 2010

Brand Research task

Animal brand research. We had to gather all the items we could for our chosen brand. From choosing Animal, I went around my house and collected all my animal items, asked friends and family if they had anything with the animal brand. I gathered quite a large amount of stuff, with a wide range of animal merchandise and designs.
 I found Hoodies, t shirts, school bags
 Pencil cases, belts, scarves
 Wash up bags, Sunglasses, sleeves for ipods etc.
 A variety of hats, beanies and caps
From all the stuff I have gathered, i noticed a similarity, but yet also a difference. lots of the items are branded with simple straight forward text and clean logos, and some have the complete opposite, with hard to read text, random shapes and designs, and grunge effects on the logos and branding marks. I found This exercise very interesting, how a company uses such a variety of ways, designs and medium to promote their brand. Animal started as a watch company, because surfers were loosing countless watches while out in the sea, and now it has evolved into a mass clothing company for normal street wear, extreme sports wear and sports gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment