Tuesday 2 November 2010

Group project - week 4 Research

From reading the "Sex and money" book, I have decided to focus my research on the poverty second of globalism, and how design can be used to express poverty. I did some research and found some posters, based on poverty, starvation, aids, war, and so on. I found these designs have very powerful messages, and communicate the problem or issue very well.

The following 2 images are from Armando Milani.
I find them very powerful. They are simple, yet express their message very well.


 The next image is by Leonardo Sonnoli.
It is an Aids poster, heavily focused on typography and imagery.
It too shows a very clear image, of the pain and trouble that goes with such a disease.

Image by Lourdes Zolezzi.
It clearly expresses death, and starvation. In a very direct way, using a skull and crossbones, and basic colours.

A piece by Massimo Vignelli.
I find it very different, and interesting. The flag is made up of what looks like old newspaper cuttings, logo's and brands. It isn't exactly poverty or aids, but it is interesting none the less and I felt the need to add it to my findings

Two pieces by Woody Pirtle.
The are focused heavily on guns and gun trafficking, both for amnesty international.
I especially like the second image, how it is slightly abstract but forms a very clear gun shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment